Saturday 18 June 2011

Benefit Posie Tint

Ok, so I got this as a free gift from this months Glamour magazine, but I am telling the truth in saying I have always been curious to try this product out! I was quite lucky to have the choice of each 3 of the free gifts, Benefit Benetint, High Beam or this product, and I chose this one. Posie tint is a sister product to Benetint, but if you click here , then compare it to the picture displayed below, you'll see the difference between the two:

Doesn't that colour just reach out to your inner princess?! Whilst you'll probably agree with me that Benetint should be saved for those of you intending to look a bit more sexy and vixen-y. 

I must admit, I've mainly been using this product as a lip tint rather than a cheek tint, although it's meant for both. I've never been a huge fan of the blushed look, but I did try it out twice on my cheeks and it wasn't that bad. Here's a list of skin tones and how I'd recommend using it:
  • Pale skin tone - Perfect for a preppy- English Rose look. If you're going to use it on your cheeks however, make sure you slick some on, and blend it in ASAP, because it absorbs really quickly.
  • Olive skin tone - Like me, I much prefer it as a lip tint. I slick some on, leave it for 10 seconds to absorb, then blend it over my lips. If you want a stronger pop of pink, add another layer, and another, and another. This is really nice on olive skin if you use minimal eye make up too. I love wearing a jet black liquid eyeliner and creating a catty-egyptian look with this product, as seen one of the photos below.
  • Dark skin tone - I personally think this would look fantastic as a lip tint, worn with a bright eyeshadow, such as yellow. (How summery!) But I also think that Benetint would look great as a cheek tint on ladies with darker skin.

Here are some before and after pictures:

Do you see a difference?


You can buy it for £24.50 from Benefits webby, or selected larger boots stores, and several other shops too, including large department stores such as Selfridges.


It's perfect for those of you who want an added oomph of colour to your cheeks/lips, but don't enjoy using lip products like lipstick or lip gloss, or if you do use other lip products and have issues with them lasting a sufficient amount of time. I apply this, and not only does it last hours, you can eat and drink whatever you want and it'll stay put, like an overbearing parent (Please note: my parents are not overbearing)


Things it said it is/does:

  • Brightens lips and cheeks - True! Not a strong colour, and you can add as much or as little as you like.
  • Lasts for hours - As I said, this stuff would last in the Sahara Desert on your lips. 
  • Smudge-proof protection - Also true. You can't feel this on your lips as it's not really on the surface of your lips like a lipstick would be, it's designed to absorb into your lips and literally stain them. Ever used fake blood on Halloween? Seen how annoying that crap is to get off your skin? A bit like that, but you want this.
So to summarise this product, I really like it. I wouldn't go far as to say I love it as a lip product, but if ever I was to use a lip/cheek tint again, I'd buy the proper sized version of this. It's a delightful colour as you've seen, it really dipped into my childhood too, as it reminded me of the Barbie nail polishes you used to get. (Awesome). The packaging is also hugely appealing to me, both the box it comes in and the product itself are pink, with a few pretty flowers on them, and Benefits signature writing font, which I personally love.

Here is the picture I talked about before, using this product the way I like:
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! I must find myself some!
    Cheers...
    http://creativitysvoyage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete