Tuesday 28 June 2011

Body Shop Shea/Strawberry Butters

I am definitely a bit of a BodyShopaholic. I can only afford a nice product once in a while from there, but when I do, it is totally worth it. If you are a virgin to Body Shop Body Butter, let me tell you, you are missing out. They have so many, you can't possibly not find one best suited to you and your skin. Body Shop aims to create products using natural sourced ingredients, and fumbles around with fair trading, which is awesome when it comes to contributing your part in making the world a better place.


Pictured above are the 2 butters I currently own, Shea and Strawberry. Both of them smell absolutely gorgeous, and both of them you could eat with a spoon. (Note: Not literally). But especially the Strawberry one. The moment I smelt it, I knew it had to be mine.


The tubs come in sizes of 50ml, 200ml and 400ml. The sizes you see above are both 50 ml, and are perfect if you plan on using them on smaller areas such as hands, elbows, knees and face. I prefer to use them both for hands and face. (That way the smell is closer to my nose! Yay!)


Shea Butter - What it says it is/does:

  • It's for very dry skin - It's definitely a thick texture designed for the dryer skin types, but my skin type on my face is oily, and I like to use it as a night cream on my face. Works a treat! In the past I've used Body Shop Mango Body Butter on my face, which is also designed for very dry skin, and this left my face greasy for 2 days! :( Bad times!
  • Provides 24 hour hydration - True! Makes my skin lovely and soft all day long.
  • Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth - Like I just said above, true!
  • Buttery Texture - Also true. See below for a pic of them both on my hand.
  • Subtle nutty scent - This is amaaazing. I didn't get the nuttyness straight away, and it tended to remind me of being on holiday as a child for some reason, but it's a really lovely smell.
  • Made with Community Trade shea butter - Yay! Team Fairtrade!
Strawberry Butter - What it says it is/does:
  • Ideal for normal skin - True. This is brilliant for me as body butters can be very heavy on skin, and this one is sleek and you can barely feel it on your skin once it's blended in.
  • Provides 24 hour hydration - Same as the shea butter, yes. Plus, the gorgeous scent stays all day too!
  • Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth - This is absolutely beautiful on your skin. I once used it as a moisturiser/primer before applying makeup!
  • Buttery Texture - Yes, but not heavy at all like some butters. 
  • Sweet strawberry scent - Very true, and yummy. Reminded me of a Barbie lip gloss I had as a child. Very girly and appealing to my inner princess once again.
  • Made using strawberry seed oil - It's always refreshing to know a product hasn't been made with artificial scents. 
 Left: Shea Butter. Right: Strawberry Butter. Yom!
My sister is also a huge fan of the Strawberry butter, as seen here in the 2 tubs I found in her room. 

So to summarise these products, if you're looking for something different to a body lotion, and you enjoy products made with care and love and natural ingredients, and have wonderful good-enough-to-lick scents, these are winners. Do have a look in a store, or on their website for the full range of the body butters, and you're definitely certain to find one suited to your skin.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment